ALL 30 SPOTS FOR APPRAISALS HAVE ALREADY BEEN FILLED BY ROXBURY CARDHOLDERS AND THERE IS A LONG WAITING LIST. Everyone else is welcome and encouraged to register to observe -- you will learn something very valuable!
There will be three parts to this program:
- Mike will begin with a 20-minute discussion on “10 Factors That Will Always Impact the Value of Your Treasures”.
- He will then immediately transition to the appraisal portion of the program, evaluating each attendee’s treasures, one-by-one.
- And throughout the program Mike will be sharing many Buying & Selling Tips & Strategies.
For the 30 individuals having Appraisals, please note:
- The order of appraisals will be at the Moderator’s discretion.
- Proper camera positioning will be important because if Mike can’t see the item, he won’t be able to appraise it. You must enable your camera for Mike to appraise your item.
- Since he can’t actually see the item in person, he’ll probably ask a few questions about markings, condition, etc.
- Participants should have one back-up item for Mike to appraise. That way if he can’t virtually appraise the primary item, he can appraise the back-up item.
- We’ve seen that a Virtual Background can distort how an item looks so we will ask that Virtual Backgrounds be turned off when showing their items.
Mike Ivankovich has been involved in some phase of the Antiques & Collectibles business for more than 40 years. He is a frequent lecturer and spoken before groups too numerous to list. He has authored more than 20 books and eBooks in his areas of specialty and has written articles and columns for most major national trade papers. He is the host of the “What’s It Worth? Ask Mike the Appraiser” Radio Show that airs every Friday morning from 9:30-10:30 AM on WBCB 1490 AM in Philadelphia PA. As a Home Downsizing Expert & Author he guides clients through the entire Home Downsizing process, helping them deal with their Antiques, Collectibles, and General Household Contents. His Home Downsizing in Four Easy Steps book can be found on Amazon.com. Mike is also a professional GPPA & MPPA Appraiser specializing in Appraisals for Estate, Insurance, Inheritance, Divorce, Insurance Claim, Non-Cash Charitable Donation, or other legal purposes. As a Pennsylvania Auctioneer, he has been named Pennsylvania's “Auctioneer of the Year” by fellow Auctioneers.
Registration will close 30 minutes before the event. Register online or by calling the library at 973 584-2400.